Got some ripe bananas in the kitchen? Don’t throw them out! Check out this recipe for a delicious Blueberry Banana Bread Loaf which you will love!
Here’s the recipe:
Title: Blueberry Banana Bread Loaf
Servings: 1 Loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Approx 1 hour
- 3-4 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup blueberries, halved
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup (or maple syrup)
- 125g butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Coat a bread tin with butter or non-stick spray
- Mix together: butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar & syrup
- Add Mashed bananas
- Add whisked egg a little at a time and mix well
- Sift the flour and baking soda, then fold into the wet mixture
- Add the vanilla essence to the milk, then add to whole mixture.
- Mix in the halved blueberries
- Pour mixture into previously coated bread tin
- Bake in oven for approximately 1 hour, or until testing stick comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool down
If you aren’t allergic to nuts, consider adding some chopped walnuts to the mixture before you put it in the oven for some extra yumminess 🙂