My baby has been eating solid food since he was 4 months old (for many reasons), and now that he’s turned One, I am in desperate need of new ideas especially since he’s been self-feeding! I know that frying food is not the best option, but these Blueberry Banana Date Fritters are made with coconut oil, and they are a nice treat for your little one from time to time! These are a definite hit with my son, and the best part is they’re gluten free, super easy to make, and the bananas give them a nice sweet taste!! I make them every time I have ripe bananas in my kitchen and don’t want to throw them away.
Here’s the recipe:
Servings: 6 small fritters
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty: Super Easy
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or plain flour if you don’t want to go gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 shopped pitted date
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A Pinch of cinnamon
- Mash the bananas, then add the coconut flour and a pinch of cinnamon and stir well.
- Add the blueberries & the chopped date to the mix and stir gently.
- Add coconut oil to a non-stick frying pan on high.
- Reduce heat and scoop 1 tbsp of the batter into your frying pan for one fritter.
- Fry fritters until they become brownish-gold on both sides.
- Remove the fritters and cool for few minutes before serving to your child.
- Enjoy watching your baby (and your husband) devour them!