In our house we all love muffins, and I’m always searching for new, healthier recipes. So I decided to make baby-friendly, healthy oat muffins that the whole family can enjoy and that I can freeze for the days I’m out of snack ideas for my toddler. As usual, my recipes are very easy and really quick. You really don’t have to be a good baker to make these! 😉
Here’s the recipe:
Title: Healthy Oat Muffins
Servings: 12 Muffins
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2,5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1 large banana (1/2 Cup)
- 1 medium avocado (1/2 Cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan or use muffin papers.
- In a big bowl, mix the oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the applesauce, mashed banana and mashed avocado. Stir well.
- Add batter into the muffin cups until full.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until you see they’re ready. Be aware of over-baking them or else the oats will be too crisp for baby!
- Take out the muffins and let them cool down at room temperature before storing them in the fridge, or even in the freezer to use them when you’re out of ideas or too busy to make snacks!