Nothing beats wedges! Who wants a table without French fries, especially at a celebration table like Christmas Eve? We’ve got you covered with these sweet savoury, aromatic, spiced up sweet potato wedges that will keep any tongue in awe while trying to figure which flavour gives those wedges it’s character.
Very simple, and easy! 3 steps only and you’re good to go: peel and cut, toss and mix, bake!
And why not involve your kids to help out in the kitchen?
Remember a healthy child needs motivation, and the kitchen is the right place to do that! GET THEM INVOLVED.
Instead of the starchy potatoes, let’s put a twist on it with Sweet potatoes that are loaded with nutrients. Sweet potatoes are from the orange fruits and vegetables family that are rich in beta-carotene a good source of Vitamin A, particularly for children.
Another important nutrient in sweet potato is Vitamin C. Vitamin C plays a major role in boosting the immune system to fight any cold and improve skin health especially in winter. Vitamin C also plays a major role in the absorption of Iron – a key factor in the health of babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
Let’s get baking!
Prep time: 7 min.
Baking time: 45 minutes.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thick wedges.
- Avocado oil (generous amount)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt (divide wedges between adult and toddlers, adult’s being with salt and toddlers being salt free).
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thick wedges.
- Place them in a bowl with generous amount of avocado oil.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over them and mix well so that all the wedges are covered with the seasoning.
- Remember to divide the batches between salt free wedges and wedges with salt.
- Add the wedges to a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake them for about 45 min, turning them every few minutes during this time to avoid burning.
- Cook until soft and tender.